Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Interview with Author Tameka Harris


Last week, EA: Creatively Creative spoke with author and poet Jennifer Johnson. My interview with her became my seventh post with 100 views, fifth to 200, and fourth with over 300 views! This week, the author spotlight shines on author Tameka Harris.

EA: What inspired you to write We Were Meant for This Hood Luv?

TH: Honestly...just to be different. To show the different aspects of life and how we deal with them, just with an urban twist! LOL!

EA: Were there any authors who motivated you to become a writer?

TH: Well I have to say first and foremost...Ms. Terry McMillian. The Interpretation of Everything. I mean, need I say more? That woman is amazing. Absolutely amazing! The second author that had motivated me to write is all hands down Ms. Jade Jones. Her book Cameron was actually the first urban fiction novel that I had ever picked up and read. I love her; she's amazing. You can really tell that she writes from her heart! She inspires me so much!

EA: What is your approach for engaging readers?

TH: My motto is always treat people the way that you want to be treated. Be kind, courteous and most definitely down to earth. Relatable, never untouchable and always stay humble. I always make my readers feel like they are the most important people in the world to me...cause they are. They give me life! They keep me sane. They make me what I am today! Point Blank!


EA: Would you say the process of writing a novel is easy?

TH: Well I wouldn't say it's easy, and then again I wouldn't say it's hard. It's basically whatever you make it, if you love something, and I mean really love something. You put your all into it, no matter if it's two days or twenty.

EA: At what point in your life did you know that writing was something that you wanted to do?

TH: This one is really easy. I knew that writing was for me, when my little sister, who has no sense of humor at all, (lol) read one of my short stories,  laughed, and told me how much that she enjoyed it! She's a hard cookie to crack, so when she said that I had talent and suggested that I should write more, I took her advice and followed my dream. And thanks to her, I haven't turned back since!!!

EA: Are there any upcoming projects?

TH: As a matter of fact there are, I have something new in the works. It's actually in the editing process and on its way to kindle.

EA: What is your vision as an author, overall?

TH: Well my vision as an author is to one day get my books made into movies, as well as own my own publishing company. To be able to give people out there an opportunity to follow and achieve their dreams like I did!

EA: Finally, tell the readers why We Were Meant for this Hood Luv is a must buy.

TH: Like I've said before, it's different. I promise you won't ready for anything like it in your life. It's not the typical story. It's funny, gritty, it's relatable. It has a little something for everybody in it to enjoy. As well as my other books. As a matter a fact, check out my page on amazon and check out some of my books, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Epilogue

Tameka provides an interesting outlook on the process of creating and writing a novel. Like anything else in life, your mentality towards that goal or task is what you make it. Writing is far from neuroscience, but it's definitely NOT a cakewalk, as those who aren't writers would suggest. There's a technique and skill to it just like everything else. I would like to thank Tameka for taking the time to share her thoughts, inspirations, and the essence of herself as an author.

Amazon Author Page: Tameka Harris



No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...