Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Interview with Author Shay Renee


EA: Creatively Creative introduces author Shay Renee, whose debut novel, Deron and Nariah: A Tarnished Tale of Love released on Monday.

EA: What sparked your desire to become a writer?

SR: I was inspired by mother Lady Lissa. I also used to write short stories and participate in short story challenges. Once the readers began asking for a book, I decided to pick up the pen, and write one for them.

EA: What were your thoughts before and after publishing your first book? Did you feel overwhelmed at some point?

SR: Before I published my first book, I was nervous and felt as if my work would go unnoticed. Coming into an industry with so many amazing authors can be overwhelming, but I managed to do it successfully. Once my book was published and I saw all of the love and support that I was getting, I was ecstatic. I felt welcomed and blessed to part of the industry.

EA: Who are the biggest influences on your life and career?

SR: The biggest influence on my life and career would be my readers. If it wasn't for their encouragement, I don't think I would have ever went through with putting out a book. I could never thank them enough.

EA: What is the concept of Deron and Nariah: A Tarnished Tale of Love?

SR: The concept of my book is to show that you never truly know a person like you think you do. People tend to have hidden agendas and secret lives, so that is what I am trying to depict in my book.

EA: Is this a standalone, or will it be a series?

SR: This book is part one of a series. Part two should be dropping this month as well, but if not, it will definitely be dropped in January 2018.

EA: Do you think writing a book is easy?

SR: Writing a book is easy if it is your passion. To me the only thing that makes it a little difficult is having to remember dates and times, and making sure your story flows in a way the reader will understand.

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

SR: The advice that I would give to aspiring authors would be to always follow your heart. If you love writing and it is something that you truly want to do, don't let anyone or anything stop you from doing that. You are your biggest supporter. If you don't believe in yourself, no one else will.


EA: Finally, tell the readers why Deron and Nariah: A Tarnished Tale of Love is a must read.

SR: This book is a must read because of the two lessons that it teaches. Never put anything past anyone, and always follow your gut instinct. If you feel like something isn't right, then nine times out of ten what you're feeling is true. The emotion that I put into this book will allow the readers to feel what I am saying.

Epilogue

To follow up on Shay's inspiration for writing this book-- speaking from my life's experiences-- I know all too well about people not being whom they seem. You think you know someone, and they burn you, but that's another story. Keeping the story at a certain flow and pace where the readers can understand and remain intrigued, is one of the many challenges a writer faces.

Very simplistic, yet powerful advice, you must be your biggest supporter. Regardless if others believe in you or not, you must always believe in yourself. I thank Shay for taking the time to speak with me. You can follow Shay on social media and check out her debut novel, Deron and Nariah: A Tarnished Tale of Love by visiting the hyperlinks below.

Facebook: Shay Renee
Facebook Author Page: Authoress Shay Renee
Twitter: @ShayReneeBabe










No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...