Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Interview with Author Simply Shonda


Today, EA: Creatively Creative sits down with author, Simply Shonda.

EA: What inspired your career as an author?

SS: I loved reading and writing since as far back as I can remember. I loved how you can be a million miles away in the comfort of your bed. Writing is for me is being able to tell a story I know only I can tell. It’s escaping everyday life and finding something beautiful to write no matter how ugly the day. That inspires me.

EA: Who, would you say, are your biggest influences?

SS: I love Terry McMillian. She is my favorite author. The way she goes into detail to make you feel exactly what the character is feeling is amazing.

EA: What is the concept of There's Beauty In the Struggle: A Vixens Tale?

SS: There’s Beauty in the Struggle is one of my favorite stories. It’s about showing the growth, the strength, and the beauty that a person has even as they are going through whatever obstacles they encounter. It’s about showing that you can get through anything as long as you have God and people that love you around.

EA: Is it a standalone, or a series?

SS: It’s a part of a collection, but is a standalone meaning you don’t have to read one to read and understand the other.

EA: Do you think writing a novel is easy?

SS: For some it’s as easy as putting pen to paper, but for others it takes a bit more preparing and strategizing. I believe it’s as easy as you make it.

EA: What do you look to accomplish mostly as an author?

SS: I want to be able to leave a legacy. To show my children that anything is possible. I want to people to read my stories now and in the future, and say how great of an author I am or was.

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

SS: Don’t do this for the money, do this because you’re passionate about writing. Also, don’t trust everybody in the industry, but trust someone.

EA: Finally, tell the readers why There's Beauty In the Struggle: A Vixens Tale is a must read.

SS: It’s a must read because it give you all the elements of a great inspirational story. Vixen wants to be better in life; she wants to try things that she’s never tried, and go places she never has, but with a mother that tells you that the only thing you’re good at is laying on your back, what do you do?

Epilogue

Loving your craft and being passionate about what you do is essential. Nothing wrong with the monetary aspect of it obviously, but if you're in it strictly for that, you're wasting your time. It takes away from the love of the craft-- in my opinion-- plus, it's an unsteady business from that standpoint. I thank Simply Shonda for speaking with me. For more on Simply Shonda, and if you would like to follow her on social media, visit the hyperlinks below.

Facebook Author Page: Author Simply Shonda
Facebook: Shonda Wade
Goodreads: Simply Shonda
Twitter: Simply Shonda



No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...