Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Interview with Author Nita Anderson


EA: Creatively Creative has been fortunate and delighted to speak with bright, young, and creative literary minds.The author spotlight shines on back-to-back nights. Last night, I had an in-depth conversation with author Parker Nash. Tonight, I had the opportunity to speak with the creator of the Stripper Diaries series, author Nita Anderson.

EA: What is the concept behind The Stripper Diaries: Diner Diva?

NA: Diner Diva is a story of a young woman's search for independence as she is thrust into the turbulent world of exotic dancing. 

EA: What motivated you to write it?

NA: The story was actually inspired by my ex-husband who started dating a stripper after we split up. I found the situation to be hilarious and intriguing so I created the character "Alicia" and began to tell her story. 


EA: Was writing this novel an easy process for you?

NA: Coming up with the ideas for the story was a breeze, but finding time to actually sit down and write was quite challenging. With a full time job and a family to care for, it was difficult at times to fit writing into my schedule. 

EA: Are there any authors who influenced you to become a writer?

NA: Tyler Perry, Shonda Rhimes, Lewis Carroll, L. Frank Baum, Blake Crouch, and Anne Rice.  

EA:  Any genres in particular that you favor?

NA: My favorite genres to read would probably be fantasy and adventure. Anything set in mideval times is intriguing to me and I love a good fairy tale like The Wizard of Oz. My favorite genre to write would be urban fiction, melodramas, romantic comedies, and romance dramas. 

EA:  Are there any upcoming projects?

NA: I have a TON of projects in the works. First of which being the sequel to Diner Diva. I'm in the editing process and hopefully I can have One of Those Nights released by the end of 2017. I am also working on a short story series under a different pen name Monica Moore. Climax of Lies should be ready in August of this year. 

Climax of Lies. Scheduled to be released in August.

EA:  What are you looking to accomplish with your work as an author overall?

NA: I would love to break into the movie industry and get my work on the big screen, reaching people world wide! Being a writer for television has been a dream of mine for several years and I look forward to making that dream a reality one day soon. 

EA: Finally, tell readers why The Stripper Diaries: Diner Diva is a must buy.

NA: Diner Diva is a MUST buy because it's the first installment of the anthology series I am working on. Diner Diva just scratches the surface, it's a part of something much bigger. Each installment will follow a different character, each getting their chance to tell their own unique yet relatable stories.

Potential cover art for the sequel.

Epilogue

You know, it's funny how life works. During my interview with Parker Nash, we dabbled on the genres of romance and erotica, and in tonight's conversation with Nita, I discovered that her current projects plunges deeply into these subjects. I definitely share the same sentiment-- as most authors do, I'm sure-- of aspiring to see our works come to fruition on the big stages, whether it's TV and/or the silver screen. I would like to thank Nita for taking the time to speak with us, and share her thoughts, inspirations, and what's next on the horizon for her.

Check out Nita's Novel on Amazon: The Stripper Diaries: Diner Diva


No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...