Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Interview with Author Kelly Marie


In my third straight interview this evening, my second with an international writer, straight from the UK, the spotlight shines on author Kelly Marie. I also learned that this Kelly's first ever interview, and EA: Creatively Creative is proud to be the first to have the honor.

EA: When did you realize that becoming an author was truly your calling?

KM: I had been writing for a few years but never did anything about it. But when I couldn’t stop doing anything but that, I knew it was time. I sent in my first urban fiction book titled They Call Me Law in December 2015 and it’s the best decision I ever made.

EA: You recently released the sequel to Her Knight in Street King Armor. What inspired you to write this series?

KM: I wanted to focus on something that was more heartfelt and although sad, really happened to young people. It was all fun writing about that girl who meets the man of her dreams and lives happily ever after, but what about those who didn’t have such a happy beginning? Those who had every reason to give up but didn’t.

EA: Who, if any, inspired you to become an author?

KM: As I said before, writing was something I had been doing for many years but two authors gave
me the push I needed to go through with contacting a publisher and that was Shvonne Latrice and Desiree Granger. They gave me some invaluable advice that really helped me push myself.

EA: Would you say that writing a book is an easy process?

KM: No. It is definitely something that takes time and dedication. Although for some people, the words come easier, it is still a lengthy process. In my opinion and experience.

EA: What can readers expect next from Kelly Marie?

KM: There are a few things I am working on at the moment but they can expect great characters, good storylines and unbelievable twists.

EA: What is your main aspiration as an author?

KM: I hope to help people through my stories. I always try to include morals in my books and I hope it provides people with a whole different perspective on whatever similar situation they may be in.

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

KM: To believe in yourself and know that you are talented. Surround yourself with like-minded people and be prepared to accept constructive criticism because it will help in the long run.

EA: Finally, tell the readers why Her Knight in Street King Armor 2 is a must buy.

KM: Part 2 sees Deshaun ‘Grim’ Jones faced with a decision that will change his life and of those that he loves. It has a plot twist that you will not have seen coming. All the lies will be surfaced and you will find out that Kaliyah is more connected to Grim and the streets than she knew.

Epilogue

Along with intrigue and entertainment, I can relate to wanting to help others with my work, conveying important messages whether it be underneath or direct. A lot of people fail to realize the skill, time, and dedication that we put into our craft. Again, it's not rocket science, but it takes skill and technique, like anything else.

I would like to thank Kelly for speaking with me this evening. For more on Kelly, follow her on social media, and don't forget to check out Her Knight in Street King Armor 2 and more of her novels by visiting her Amazon Author Page in the links below.

Facebook: Kelly Marie
Instagram: Blessed_Kels83
Amazon: Kelly Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...