Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Interview with Author Ph'ierce



EA: Creatively Creatively is back one more time with yet another interview! Today's guest is an up-and-coming author on the Urban Fiction scene. I introduce to you, Ph'ierce.

EA: Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today.

PB: Thank you for having me.

EA: To begin, tell us about your journey to becoming an author.

PB: My journey of becoming an author started in 2017 when I saw a book cover for sale. A story immediately developed in my head and I decided to write it down. In August 2018 I reached out to Empressed for Life Publishing and she was more than happy to sign me. It's only been a couple of months, but I feel like this was my calling and this is what I'm supposed to be doing. 

EA: Who/what inspired you to become a writer?

PB: The main authors I would have to say inspired me would be, Keisha Ervin, Zane, Omar Tyree, and Sister Souljah. Also, the support from my family was a great inspiration, that's what gave me the courage to pursue it.

EA: Would say that the process of writing a novel is easy?

PB: For me, not at all. I can come up with a title and plot easily, but when it's time to write I tend to get stuck. Often, I get discouraged and start to feel like maybe it's not good enough. It's a process for me just to send it to my publisher when it's complete, but I'm working on getting through that. 

EA: Would you tell us about your latest novel, South Philly Chronicles: Kara's Story?

PB: South Philly Chronicles (Kara's Story) is a book based in the projects in South Philadelphia. It's based in the 90s when the four girls were teenagers. Kara was tired of living poor and having hungry days so she came up with a plan for her and her friends to execute and become rich within a year. 

EA: What can we expect next from Ph'ierce?

PB: The next book to be released by Ph'ierce will be South Philly Chronicles Part 2 (Leslie's Story).

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

PB: Never allow anyone's dislike of your words to have a negative affect on your writing. We can't please everyone, if one person enjoys your story, you have made an accomplishment. 

EA: Finally, tell the readers why South Philly Chronicles: Kara's Story is a must-read.

PB:  Along with enjoying the story, I believe there are a lot of people that can relate to the struggle each girl went through. Life is hard whether you have money or not, how you handle your struggle makes all the difference in the world.


Epilogue

South Philly Chronicles: Kara's Story kind of reminds me of my current writing project Mamacita in that it's concerning women who are tired of their current situations and they resort to desperate measures for a better life. Ph'ierce's advice makes me think of my Writer's Ramble blog, where I discussed going through that experience personally. You can't please everyone, and it's a waste of time trying to. To me, I think one is selling oneself short doing such a thing.

Her final statement makes me think of a saying I heard several years ago: (paraphrasing) 10% is life happening to you; 90% is your attitude towards it and how you deal with it. I would like to thank Ph'ierce once again for joining me. Follow Ph'ierce on her social media by clicking the links below.

Facebook Author Page: Urban Life Authoress Ph'ierce
Instagram: @phierce_the_writer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...