Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Friday, December 22, 2017

Interview with Author Jaqueline Stone


In the second of back-to-back interviews, EA: Creatively Creative speaks with horror author, Jaqueline Stone.

EA: When did your journey as an author begin?

JS: First, I would like to say thank you so much for having me, I really appreciate the opportunity! I would have to say my journey as an author began in 2014, when I first started writing my first novel, Fallen. But my journey as a writer began shortly after I was born. I’ve always had an active imagination, and my mother would fill the room with stories about how I “went to work” on her old typewriter at the age of 2. I’ve always been great at creative writing and short stories. In high school, I started writing college essays for my older family members that were in college. But even though I subconsciously knew about my talents, I did not know I wanted to be a writer until a few years ago.

EA: What is the concept of Order from Chaos?

JS: Order From Chaos is an original 8 series crossover consisting of characters from the Red Ink universe. Aminah Iman, Omega, and I took our worst villains and our best heroes and set them against each other. The Order (good guys), is an organization comprised of spiritually gifted men and women that have been charged to cleanse the world of unholy abominations. They were brought together by Mary Magdalene and Peter after the death of Christ. Over the years, the Order has eliminated many evil threats determined to bring evil into and/or end the world.
After their fight with Lilith (the first woman ever created), they now must recruit gifted soldiers to join them in their fight against the Vamperial. The leader of the Order Micah then seeks out the help of Gabriel the Nephilim from my series Fallen, Sari the huntress from the Chronicles of Sari, Liam from Hit List, Erin the assassin from Catch, Alcaeus the Spartan from The Unusuals, and Alaric the beast from the Delacrux Saga. With their help, the Order might be able to put an end to chaos.
 On the other end, The Vamperial is also preparing for battle as they assemble their army of chaos. The Vamperial is made up of the ancient queens of history such as the Queen of Sheba, Nefertiti, Cleopatra, Queen Candance, and Jezebel, all of which follow the command of Lillith. With the help of the demon of greed, Jaq the Ripper, The Reaper, and their descendant, the Vamperial is now ready to bring chaos to The Order, then the rest of the world.

EA: Aside from Horror, are there any other genres that you write or want to write?

JS: I love mythology, so I think I’m going to stick with that and explore diverse cultural folklore. I also want to try my hand at sci-fi, along with historical fiction. But despite what I write, I can’t help but add a sprinkle of horror into the mix.

EA: Who are the biggest influences in your life and career?

JS: The women in my life have the biggest influences on my personality and career. I am always inspired by my mother and my fellow queen of horror Aminah Iman, these are women who encourage me to write and push forward with new ideas (no matter how crazy or weird) they may sound. They’re blunt, honest, and care for my well-being above all, they would never lead me astray, and they would kick my butt if I did. That’s hard to come by.

EA: Would you say that writing a novel is easy?

JS: Oh no, I always compare writing a novel to childbirth. Each pregnancy is different, and each child develops at their own pace. You're always excited at first, anxious for your creation to be born into this world. But at the end, you’re tired, exhausted, sweaty, and glad that it’s over. But there’s always a sense of pride and strength, knowing you put your all into something and have it be your purest form of expression.

EA: Are there any upcoming projects for Jacqueline Stone?

JS: I’m always doing a project. I’m like an extreme hobbyist if that’s even a thing. Next year I will be releasing a series of short stories of different genres and mythologies.With that, I’m also starting a vlog where I talk and review books, blogs, short stories, and of course, horror. I also have an online store I’m working on, which features handmade jewelry and monthly blogs. I would love to gift you with some of our merchandise. That being said, it is proving to be a busy new year.

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

JS: Write for yourself, do not let others tell you how to write our what to write. So what if someone doesn't like your ideas, or doesn't acknowledge your efforts. Know that you are special, and express yourself truly and the story will tell itself.

EA: Finally, tell the readers why Order from Chaos is a must buy.

JS: Order From Chaos is so much more than horror, it makes you laugh, it makes you cry. It makes you feel! You can’t help but feel drawn to the characters unique personalities and backstory. It flows and keeps your eyes glued to the page. It’s historical fiction and horror at its best, and it’s something that hasn’t really been done before.

Epilogue

A very profound analysis and analogy on novel writing by Jaqueline. I've never viewed writing a novel that way, but then again, I'm not a female. Lol. In response to her advice, I say: "Exactly!" For me, personally, there are certain genres I tend to stay away from, but overall, creative control and freedom is a must. Yes, you want to create a product that intrigues, entertains, and informs readers, but at the end of the day, write for yourself.

I definitely want to thank Jaqueline for speaking with me. To purchase Order from Chaos, visit the hyperlink below.




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...