Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Monday, November 6, 2017

Interview with Author & Publisher Taquila Thompson


EA: Creatively Creative kicks off its first interview for the month of November. Introducing author and publisher, Taquila Thompson.

EA: Was writing and being an author something you've always desired to do?

TT: No, writing wasn't something I always desired to do but, I was always a great storyteller and my English teachers loved me. Lol. Around 10th grade I finally penned my first book, and haven't looked back since then.

EA: The title Lollipop Killer really caught my attention. I see that it's a prequel for an upcoming series. Would you tell us the concept of the story?

TT: Lollipop Killer is based around this character that was in my mind for a long time. She spoke to me for a very long time, and I just finally penned her story. She's a very smart serial killer and she's basically toying with an officer who isn't so smart.

EA: Who, if any, are your biggest influences?

TT: Some of my biggest influences are Issa Rae. I love her as a business woman and followed her since her YouTube days. I love her story and her growth. She's an amazing woman and so positive and it makes me want to strive to achieve all of my dreams.

EA: Would you consider a writing a novel to be easy?

TT: I wouldn't consider writing a novel to be easy. Not in the least. It sometimes requires long nights and sometimes you get stuck when your characters stop speaking to you. I've been sleepless and spent long hours just making sure that everything is in order.

EA: You're the Owner/CEO of two publications. One being Fokus'd Dreamz, Dripping Ink being the other. What's it like balancing two publications, and was it an easy process to get them launched?

TT: I don't balance both publishing companies because I actually dissolved Dripping Ink Publications and formed Fokus'd Dreamz Publications recently with my business partner Quadrik Willis. And I can say that it's trying even just doing the one to deal with other people's novels and making sure everything is in order, but I don't regret it all, as I love helping people. 

EA: Are there any upcoming plans for Taquila Thompson?

TT:  My upcoming plans are to release this new book with co-author Quadrik Willis called Knocking Hard On Heaven's Door that shows that the street life isn't really all that it seems. It's now up for pre-order. And I'm also going to be releasing a novel next month called B.F.F aka Best Fake Friend. I'm also going to expand my publishing company by opening a book mobile and by having an e-reader app and starting a YouTube channel to give insight to the author life. Basically, a lot ya know lol. I stay busy, but a constructive busy.

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

TT: The advice I would give aspiring writers is to NEVER give up on your dreams and never lose your voice. You will find your audience. 

EA: Finally, tell the readers why Lollipop Killer is a must read.

TT: Lollipop Killer is a must read because in my opinion there is no other serial killer written quite like her. She's very smart, but I humanize her enough so that you actually sympathize more with her than the cop who is out to get her. She's so unique and twisted that honestly you can't help but to love her.

Epilogue

I can relate to the countless hours of writing, editing, and making sure everything's on point with a story overall, as well as having characters/stories that I've had in mind for a long time, but haven't gotten around to it just yet, or just recently started writing their story. As always, a major component in anything you aspire to do requires perseverance, never giving up.

I would like to thank Taquila for taking the time to speak with me. You can check out Lollipop Killer and Knocking Hard on Heaven's Door by visiting the hyperlinks below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...