Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Interview with Author Natisha Raynor


The author spotlight has been working overtime. Immediately following my interview with best-selling author Tya Marie, EA: Creatively Creative kept the light on for author Natisha Raynor.

EA: When did you discover your passion for writing?

NR: I discovered my passion for writing when I was twelve years old.

EA: Loving a Haitian Boss is an interesting title. What is the concept behind it?

NR: The concept for Loving a Haitian Boss came from me reflecting on a guy that I used to date. He was born in Haiti and his family moved to New York when he was young. At the age of sixteen, he began trafficking drugs to North Carolina where he became both feared and respected. 95% of the book is fiction but the general concept came from that reflection.

EA: This is the fourth installment for the series. Is this the final one?

NR: There are actually five parts to Loving a Haitian Boss. The finale, was released on July 22nd. I made it five parts because I wanted to give each couple their own book.

EA: Would you say that the process of writing a novel is easy?

NR: The process of writing a novel comes very naturally to me but it’s not always easy. The constant worry of am I giving enough back story, am I giving too much detail, not enough detail, etc. are things that I worry about but overall the process isn’t hard for me.

EA: What's next for Natisha Raynor?

NR: I am currently working on part two, to a novel that will be released in August. This book will only have two parts.

EA: What is the ultimate goal for you as an author?

NR: The ultimate goal for me as an author is to be able to make enough money to live well and only release a few books a year. I want my previous works to continue to sell as the years go by and for my fan base to continue to grow.

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

NR: Never give up, even if your book isn’t selling as much as you would like it to or if you receive negative reviews, comments, etc. Continue to study and perfect your craft and don’t judge your progress off of someone else’s. Don’t feel like you have to conform or do what others do to sell books.


EA: Finally, tell the readers why Loving a Haitian Boss series is a must buy.

NR: The Loving a Haitian Boss series as a whole is a must buy because I touch on a lot of real issues. Domestic violence, human sex trafficking, drug addiction, etc. A lot of people put urban fiction down because they feel it glorifies certain things, but these are things that go on every day, whether someone puts it in a book or not. It gets put in music and in movies because it happens. I try to deliver a message in each of my books so that not only is the reader entertained but it makes them stop and think.

Epilogue

That's definitely sound advice from Natisha. One should focus on perfecting one's own craft, establishing one's own legacy, versus trying to emulate or conform to someone else's writing style, approach, or standards. I believe in being resourceful, so taking something that you find applicable and adding it to your own approach is one thing, but being a carbon copy or a people pleaser is something totally different, and I would advise against it.

It's funny that she mentioned the detractors of Urban Fiction because when I see content that I don't agree with or find questionable, I have to remind myself that like it or not, it's real. These types of behaviors and situations take place in reality. I definitely would like to thank Natisha for speaking with me today. Check out her novels on Amazon by visiting the link below.

Amazon Author Page: Natisha Raynor















1 comment:

  1. I've been reading her books since the first book and have read them all. She is really a great author and touches on a lot of real life situations. She has grown so much as an author over the years. She is definitely going places. She never disappoints her fans well except when she kills off characters we like, but ppl die everyday B. Lol. She is my favorite author and I will continue to support.

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...