Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Interview with Author Albert Scott


The upcoming weeks look to be plentiful for the EA: Creatively Creative blog. I have quite a few interviews on deck, and to kick it off, the author spotlight shines on the creator of the Broken Revelation universe, author Albert Scott.

EA: What is the concept behind Broken Revelations: Horsemen Rising?

AS: I wanted to write a fast-paced story filled with action; it's a story about an average guy named Adrian whose world is turned upside down when he discovers that he's one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse; War to be exact. But he learns quickly that even though you have great power, sometimes you can’t stop the shit from hitting the fan. You just have to stand up and brush it off and prepare for more to come your way.

EA: This is Volume One of the Urban Fantasy series. Is there a specific number that you plan to produce for it?

AS: I have four volumes scheduled for this series. But I plan to write more stories that take place in the Broken Revelation universe.

EA: What is your inspiration for writing it?

AS: It was one of my favorite episodes of Supernatural that sparked the idea for Broken Revelations; it was the one where Dean was talking to Death in the pizza parlor when I thought to myself: "you don’t really hear much about the origins of the four horsemen," so I began to do some research and couldn’t find anything other than the lore from the Darksiders video games series. Soon my research went from the four horsemen to delving into the lore of angels and demons then I got the idea to throw in some pagan gods, and thus the Broken Revelation universe was born.

EA: Aside from your current series, do you plan to write more Urban Fantasy novels?

AS: Yes I do. I'm always thinking of some story.


EA: This may tie into some of your answers from the previous question. Do you have any projects in the works for the near or distant future?

AS: Yes, I’m currently working the sequel to Horsemen Rising along with another story that takes place in the Broken Revelations universe titled the Dragon’s Daughter where a young man falls in lust with a dragon goddess.

EA: Were there any authors who motivated you to become a writer?

 AS: Oh man, there are plenty, but my top five are J.R.R Tolkien, George R.R. Martin, Michael Scott, Jim Butcher and Tom King.

EA: Describe what the writing process is like for you.

AS: For the most part, I see the stories in my mind as if I’m watching a movie and do my best to translate what I see onto paper so that the reader can see it too. I have also learned inspiration can happen at any given moment so I keep a little notebook with me at all times and also have a writing app on my phone so that I can write anywhere.

 EA: What is your biggest aspiration as an author/writer?

 AS: I just want people to enjoy my stories and possibly enter into their top ten favorite authors. And it wouldn’t hurt see Broken Revelations made into an animated movie.

EA: Finally, tell the readers why Broken Revelations: Horsemen Rising is a must buy.

AS: It’s a quick action packed read filled with Angel, Fallen Angels, Demons and Pagan Gods. The four horsemen are portrayed in ways you have never seen before, and it has Jesus running a weed shop. What more could you ask for?

Epilogue

Creative, literary minds tend to think alike. I usually see stories the same way. My mind is constantly moving, it's as if I have a TV or silver screen in my brain, and it that rarely shuts down, and being asleep is one of those exceptions. I would like to thank Albert for taking the time to speak with us. You can check out Broken Revelation: Horsemen Rising on Amazon. You can also see more on this series by visiting his Tumblr page. Follow Albert on Twitter @BrokenRev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...