Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Interview with Author Amelia Rucker


EA: Creatively is back once again to bring you another Author Q & A! Today's guest is an up-and-coming author who is currently serving in the U.S. Army. I introduce and salute, author Amelia Rucker.

EA: Thanks for taking the time to join me today.

AR: Thank you so much for having me. This is an opportunity.

EA: To begin, would you say that writing has always been your first love?

AR: I wish it was, but reading has always been my first love. I have been a bibliophile my whole life.

EA: Who/what are your inspirations?

AR: I have too many inspirations. For urban, I will have to say Wahida Clark. I love reading about thugs. For LGBT fiction, I will say Dwayne Vernon. I fell in love with My Man, My Boyz. For romance, it is a tie between Nicholas Sparks and JJ Murray. JJ Murray writes BWWM romance, which is what I also write but in a clean matter.

EA: Is the process of writing novels easy?

AR: Negative. Writing is not easy. One minute you have a good idea for a prospective novel and then all of a sudden, there is another idea for that book as well. So, writing is not easy.

EA: Would you tell us about your latest novel (the first installment of) Love Don't Come Easy series?

AR: The story is about a divorcee reconnecting with her ex-boyfriend, who is still up to his no-good ways. She still wrestles with the fact she is still fighting feelings for her male childhood best friend. Her ex-husband is plotting his way back into her life. I wrote this because at one point it was titled Woman of God. I came up with Love Don't Come Easy due to book 2 was going to have that title.

EA: I understand that you're currently serving in the U.S. Army. Would you tell us of the experience? (what you're able to speak on).

AR: I love every moment of my military. I have had some good days and some bad days. God is my source of strength.Without Him, I am nothing.

EA: What is your main aspiration as an author?

AR: My main aspiration as an author is to always use the 3 Es. I write to entertain, educate, but most of all, to encourage. As a Christian author, I feel that it is important to encourage my readers as well. I never know what they are going through in life.

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

AR: You must write everyday. Also, reading is essential. When you enter into the industry, stay in your own lane. Avoid cliques. Networking is a must. Be yourself. I should have stated this first, but keep God first.

EA: Finally, tell the readers why Love Don't Come Easy, Part One is a must-read.

AR: You will laugh. You will cry. You will be shocked because of the twists and turns. This book is not only entertainment, but it's a reminder there is still hope in love.

Epilogue

As a writer, reading is essential. I can tell you that one of the ways I've improved my writing is from reading the work of other authors. Every chance I get, I encourage writers to be themselves and allow the characters to fully express themselves in the story. I think the 3 Es are an interesting and useful approach to a writing style and I'm sure that I typically use at least two of these when I write.

I want to thank Amelia again for joining me today. Check out Amelia's Amazon Author Page and her YouTube channel by clicking the links below.

Amazon: Amelia Rucker

YouTube: Amelia Rucker





No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...