Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Interview with Author Aahoo Ellie


EA: Creatively Creative kicks off its first interview for the month of  March with an author whose upcoming novel Shakespeare's Promenade is set to release soon. Introducing Aahoo Ellie.

EA: When did your journey as an author begin?

AE: There were many tipping points that led me to have an interest in writing. I'll tell you the very first: When I was in 5th grade, and those old school Macintosh computers existed that, when shut down, did not save your work. Our assignment was to write a five page story, and of course, I procrastinated until the night before. I fidget my foot when I'm focused, resulting in my fidgeting foot unplugging the computer and deleting everything. After my ten-year-old self recovered from a nervous break down, I wrote a story about Dodo birds escaping a pirate ship and received a grade of 105%. That was when I learned that I write best when I'm an emotional wreck (or maybe just filled with many emotions).

EA: Who are the biggest inspirations in your life and career?

AE: My mom. Hands down. She's a badass and taught me that 'no' was just a word-not a verdict.

EA: What is your approach to engaging readers when writing?

AE: Engage myself first. If I want to excite readers about my upcoming (or already released) novel/short story, I have to be excited about it too. I want my readers to love my characters as much as I do.

EA: What is concept of Shakespeare's Promenade? Is it a series or a standalone?

AE: It's a four book series (with a four book prequel series). Here's the concept of the first:

Beneath the University of Oxford there is a secluded tube station leading to Shakespeare’s Promenade, a mystical land where the Shakespeare lineage is royalty and only the young and beautiful are gifted immortality. There is but one rule: remain contented, or torture methods will be executed to add the conspirator into Shakespeare’s army of deranged clowns.

Twenty-three year old Roxanna Obelix, who lives alone with her depressed and legless father, believes her mother had been murdered by artists for the last fifteen years. When her father reveals that her mother was actually kidnapped by Roxanna’s estranged grandfather, William Shakespeare, she ventures into Shakespeare’s Promenade and discovers she is a part of a prophecy to begin a War on Art, and murder William Shakespeare--all three of them.

EA: Do you think writing a novel is easy?

AE: No-but it's fulfilling. It's like therapy--which is not easy, but definitely worthwhile.

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?

AE: Don't seek validation!

EA: Finally, tell the readers why Shakespeare's Promenade will be a must-read.

AE: Shakespeare's Promenade is a crazy twist on the "world" of Shakespeare as we know it. The citizens inside each have an evil and good side to them, so it has the reader guessing until the very end--who's a clown? Who's a spy? How much do they know? Roxanna is a sassy and determined character who is easy to root for, and Ed and Matt make great acquaintances (not to mention Ed makes a terribly great love interest). All in all, it's one hell of a world to get lost in.

Epilogue

Most writers, I being one of them, will tell you how therapeutic writing is. It can also be a way for some to express themselves in ways that they usually can't. Aahoo's concise advice reminds me of one of the principles that I've shared with someone, and have learned to live by: don't put your self-esteem-- or work, for that matter-- in the hands of people. Don't give people that kind of power of you. 

I definitely want to thank Aahoo for speaking with me. For more Aahoo and her literary works, visit her website at www.aahoo.xyz.

Instagram: @aahoo_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...