Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Monday, March 26, 2018

16,000 Views Edition: Interview with Author Nance


In anticipation of my 16K views milestone, EA: Creatively Creative sits down with an author whose book Some Love Lost (released in September 2017) has garnered over 50 5-star reviews, and her most recent release, Entrapped by a Hitta's Love has received over 30 5-star reviews. I introduce author and fellow New Orleanian, Nance.

EA: When did your passion for writing begin?

NA: I've always been the kid writing in a composition notebook, but it was just for fun, I wouldn't let anybody read it. People have been telling me for years that I should publish a book, but I would always wave them off, it took for my cousin, Treasure Malian to challenge me one day to write a complete novel for me to get started, I didn't really take it serious or become passionate until July 4th 2016, the day my Uncle Johnny died.

EA: Was writing something you've always wanted to do?

NA: Writing is not something I envisioned myself doing, I've always wanted to be a Pediatrician

EA: Who are some of your biggest influences?

NA: Aside from family, Treasure Malian and Jahquel J, their work ethics are unmatched, they're so multifaceted and their writing makes you feel all different types of emotions.

EA: Would you consider writing to be easy?

NA: Writing is in no way easy, so much hard work and dedication goes into making sure everything is right.

EA: What is the concept of Some Love Lost?

NA: Some Love Lost is about a young woman who's had to endure so much, but she still comes out on top. It's about losing love, finding what you think is love and gaining that love you lost back, all in due time.

EA: Are there any upcoming projects on the horizon?

NA: I'm finishing up the finale to my series It's Only Your Love That Gets Me Through.

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

NA: Push yourself to your fullest potential and don't write for no one but yourself because if you don't love it, how can you expect the readers to?


EA: Finally, tell the readers why Some Love Lost is a must-read.

NA: Some Love Lost is a must read because it has a little bit of everything in it. There's lies, abuse, betrayal, love, and hate, all things that happen in real life that everyday people can relate to.


Epilogue

A key thing that Nance stated in her advice is very instrumental as a writer. Make sure that you're writing for yourself, and not for anyone else or following trends, but what you want to write about. Part of my approach as an author is when I write something to consider if this is something I would read or at least considering myself before I begin.

I would like to thank Nance for taking the time to speak with me. For more on Nance, and her books visit her Amazon Author Page by clicking on the link below.

Amazon: Nance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...