Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Interview with Author Rosa Roberts

Rosa (center) at St. Pius private school

EA: Creatively Creative has the honor once again of speaking with one who has served in the military. She's also the first author that I've interviewed who writes children's books. Tonight, the author spotlight shines on motivational speaker, writer, and Army veteran Rosa "CoCo" Roberts.

EA: What is the concept of Monny's Trip Around the World?

RR: Without giving away the story, Monny's Trip Around the World is teaching children to use their imagination.

EA: What inspired you to write children's books?

RR: I love children. Each children's book that I write, is intended to teach a child something.

EA: Who would you say are your biggest influence(s) to becoming a writer?

RR: My biggest influence, I would say is myself. I've always enjoyed writing. I remember making homemade cards for my mother on Mothers Day, as well as just because cards with poems inside. I "aspire to inspire," others.

EA: Would you say that the process of writing a book is easy?

RR: When I first began writing, I would say, not at all. Coming up with a story line and Writer's block is the hardest part.

EA: Which is more challenging for you? Writing a novel or children's books?

RR:  Definitely writing a novel. Coming up with and keeping the story line is the hardest. However, once I get going, it's kind of a breeze from there.

EA: Would you share with us your overall experience of being an Army veteran?

RR: My overall experience as a Veteran. Hmmmn, I absolutely loved my job when I was in the military, when I got out of the military things weren't as easy as one may think. Without sounding "political," we've all heard the stories about Veterans not getting the help that they need. In some instances that is true, that's all I will say on that.

EA: What's next for Rosa Roberts?

RR: Next up for me is a book for the adults, entitled What Lies Beneath, prayerfully lots more speaking engagements (inspiring adults and children) and TV.

EA: What is your biggest aspiration as a writer?

RR: My biggest aspiration would be that people (children and adults) see something in me that they can see in themselves. That they understand that no matter where you're from or how old you are, you can follow your dreams and have what you say.

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?

RR: Stick it out. No matter what it looks like, no matter what others have to say, stick with it. If writing is your passion, do it! When life throws you curve balls, don't give up; there is purpose in your pain.


EA: Finally, tell the readers why Monny's Trip Around the World is a must buy.

RR: Monny's Trip Around the World is a must buy, because it is a cute story, that allows children to use their imagination! It teaches them "something," so ask questions as you read to them or as they read the book.

Epilogue

For me, coming up with story lines, for the most part, is easy. I can relate to the writer's block. That's one of the biggest challenges for most writers. I agree with staying the course and going the distance with whatever it is you set out to do. Be more determined and relentless than your opposition, whether it's internal or external.

I definitely want to thank Rosa for speaking with me. For more on Rosa, and her books, visit her website at www.cocorobertsbooks.com.


1 comment:

  1. Rosa, has great insight into the mind of a child. I have just been following her for a couple weeks but have learned so much. Kudos to her and her past, present and future projects. I'll be watching and learning.

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...