Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

5,000 Views Edition: Interview with Author Kat Washington


July was a busy month for EA: Creatively Creative. I produced 18 posts, not including one on my social commentary and sports blogs respectively, which makes it 20 overall last month. For my 5,000 views edition, and my first interview for August, the author spotlight shines on Kat Washington.

EA: First, congratulations on your book release today. Would you tell us the name of it and what it's about?

KW: Thank you! It's called The Wrong Love part 2, and it's about a girl named Tyla who has to learn the hard way that you can't be nice to everyone. She finds out that the people she trusts the most don't care about her. So, she changes her entire life around and starts living for herself and doesn't care what anyone has to say about it.

EA: Is this the final installment of the series?

KW:  Yes, it's the final installment to the series, but their story isn't over. The characters are actually going to come back in a different series.

EA: Were there any authors who inspired you to become a writer?

KW:  I've actually been writing since I was in elementary school. I always loved writing, but Tynessa Watson inspired me to publish my first novel. I read one of her many series on Kindle and fell in love.

EA: What was your biggest fear when you first started writing books, and how did you overcome it?

KW: My biggest fear about becoming a writer was feeling like no one would like my work. Honestly, I felt like I was going to get made fun of. I had to keep telling myself that I was a great writer and people would like my books. That's how I overcame it.

EA: Would you say that writing a novel is easy?

KW: Honestly, writing a novel isn't easy. Especially now that I have a 10 month old who wants to be into everything. The long nights, the cramps in my wrist, and writer's block. Ideas come easily, but everything else doesn't. It's a gift to be able to write an entire novel, and I'm glad that I was blessed with it.

EA: What can readers expect next from Kat Washington?

KW: The readers can expect a lot more from me! I have plenty of upcoming projects that I can't wait for them to read. I'm so excited about it!

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

KW: Some advice for aspiring authors would be to do plenty of research before picking a publisher. Not all publishers are good. Also, the book industry of full of people who would love to see you do good, but there's also a lot of people who don't want to see that. There's people who will try to sabotage you, and drag your name through the dirt. Always watch what you say and who you say it to.

EA: Finally, tell the readers why The Wrong Love series is a must buy.

KW: The Wrong Love is a must buy because it's full of lies, drama, and based on true events. It's a page turner, and the readers won't be disappointed.

Epilogue

Those are my sentiments exactly. Ideas come easily, but everything else isn't as peachy as it seems. Not so much the long nights, for me, but the cramps I usually get in my hand, and particularly the writer's block is a very frustrating experience that authors and writers deal with on a daily basis.

On a side note, although this is applicable in the novel industry as well, but watching what you say and specifically who you say it to is imperative. For example, there are people who you wouldn't think would burn you, will torch you, then sit back and get laughs and jokes out of it at your expense. What Kat said is no lie. I'm speaking from experience.

I would like to thank Kat for taking the time to speak with me today. For more on Kat and her novels, visit her author page on Amazon.

Kat's Amazon Page: Kat Washington





No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...