Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Interview with Author Marshay Herder


Once again, I've found myself on another hiatus. However, I do apologize to my readers/viewers for the long gaps in between featuring up-and-coming or established writers. I've had a lot on my plate lately. With that aside, tonight's guest is an entrepreneur who is a writer, poet, blogger, vlogger, and entertainment/fashion connoisseur. I introduce, Marshay Herder.

EA: First, thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. To begin, at what age do you recall when your writing journey begin?

MH: No problem, I begin writing my journey at age 8 and haven’t stopped since I started. 

EA: Who are some of the biggest influences in your life and career?

MH: Some of my biggest influences in my life and career are God, my sister and little cousins personally. I look up to Tressa Azarel, and Tiffany Montgomery. I’m inspired by Beyonce, Dana Chanel, Dynasty Brown and Prince Donnell to name a few.

EA: Tell us more about the two poetry books you've published, and what inspired you to write them?

MH: My two books are self published books of poetry titled The Meaning of My Story I and 2; in January of 2019, The Meaning of My Story 3 will be released. It is a series of books telling my journey as a young lady navigating to being a young woman. These poems include real and raw subjects such as molestation, rape, relationships, neglect, abuse and more. Some of the poems are others stories or my reflections in an imaginative experience.

EA: Are there any upcoming projects?

MH: Yes, so so excited. On August 19, 2018 I will be releasing my first children’s book which is titled We Belong Together. It is in honor of my cousin that passed away from acute myeloid leukemia (cancer) at age 2. It is a children's book in poetic form. Also, The Meaning of My Story 3, January 2019!

EA: Do you believe writing a book is an easy process?

MH: I believe writing a book can be an easy or difficult process depending on the subject and your approach. My book was not intentionally written, I was a child to teenager to young woman writing my poems that helped to release my pain that I decided to turn into a book at age 20. If you intend to write a book, it can be difficult trying to decide where or how to start, but just write from the place that hurts or excites you the most. Bring your passion forward.

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?

MH: The advice I would give to inspiring writers is to always write from your heart. Be unafraid of what others might think. Love you enough to be honest and transparent. Take your time, continue to write as you will grow.


EA: Finally, tell the readers why The Meaning of My Life Story series is a must-read.

MH: The Meaning of My Story series is a must read because it's not just my story being told, it is yours, your mothers, your friends, your lovers, your neighbors. My series has poems that will touch your heart, mend relationships and heal your hurt. God has given me the ability to see and empathize with others in poetic form. A must read for you!!

Epilogue

When you first start writing a book, it can definitely be difficult deciding where or how to start, as I can attest to with my current project. I'm glad to say that the ball's in motion now. To pick up from Marshay's statement about writing form the place that hurts or excites you the most, to me, is one of, if not the core essences of writing. I believe you will create a more compelling story when it comes from the heart.

I want to thank Marshay, once again, for speaking with me. To learn more about tonight's guest and where you can purchase her books, visit her  website at www.marshayh.info. Also, check out to her YouTube channel in the hyperlink below.

YouTube: Marshay H
Twitter: Marshay H


No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...