Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Sunday, February 11, 2018

15,000 Views Edition: Interview with Author & Model Philandis Stovall


The second of back-to-back interviews, and commemorating my blog garnering 15K views! (Special thanks to my readers and supporters) EA: Creatively Creative had the pleasure of sitting down with a woman who is not only an upcoming author whose debut novel is set to release soon, but is also a model. Introducing Philandis Stovall.

EA: What inspired you to become an author?

PS: Well, I started writing at a very young age. My mother used to have my siblings and myself write in daily journals about anything. I would create stories off the top of my head, from imaging how I felt and/or things happening around me. I would write short stories, plays and songs. My mom even wrote a story about me when I was hit by a car and pronounced dead at the age of two and that inspired me as well.

EA: Is writing something you have always wanted to do?

PS: Yes, writing has always been a big part of my life. I’ve always felt it was apart of my purpose of having a story/stories that need to be heard.

EA: Who would say are your biggest influences?

PS: My biggest influences are The Lord, my children, my parents, my family-friends who never give up & who stand in their uniqueness and keep pushing.

EA: Was the process of writing this book easy?

PS: The process of writing my book was very easy. I literally wrote my book in two weeks.
I cut myself off from the world in order to get my book completed. I wanted to be focused with no distractions of the internet, hanging out, etc. I set a goal for myself and I got the job done.

EA: What is the concept of Even Through the Storm?

PS: Even Through the Storm tells a story of how in life we are faced with different obstacles. Many tests, trials and tribulations beyond our control, but we have to maintain our positive thoughts, trust God and get the positive out of whatever situations and/or circumstances we are presented from day to day.

EA: I understand that you've also worked as a model. Describe what the experience was like.

PS: Yes, I have worked as a model. The experience is lovely! It's owning who you are in your walk, demeanor, and way of style. It’s a silent way of saying, 'This is who I am. Embrace it or not.' Unapologetically! I love it. It is another form of telling stories but silently with your body, your clothing or no clothing.

EA: Are you still involved in modeling? If not, is it something you will consider again in the future?

PS: Yes, I am still involved in modeling. I just walked in a fashion show on January 28, 2018 for Meraki Muse and Stop Shop & Print Presents their 1st Annual Peace, Love and Fashion Showcase. Also, I had a photo shoot scheduled recently but had to reschedule.

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?

PS: I would tell aspiring writers to love what you do wholeheartedly. Be authentic. Ignore the naysayers. Be creative. Stand firm on what you believe in and feel. Your vision is yours and it’s yours for a reason. The best writing is from inspiration; so don’t force! No matter how long it takes to get the story out keep trusting and believing in your process.

EA: Finally, tell the readers why Even Through the Storm is a must-read.

PS: Even Through the Storm is a memoir to inspire and help the healing process. It’s authentic, it’s full of faith, it will give you a new perspective on and about life. This story will encourage you and remind you that no one is alone in this world. Everyone deals with something. We are all on different levels of our personal walks and some of us have learned how to deal with things better than others. Some have gained a sense of seeing the entire picture, and this doesn’t make you less. We are all still growing. There is no negative impact on your life that you can’t handle. And Even Through the Storm will make you say, “wow!”

Epilogue

Oh my goodness. I couldn't put those words of advice any better myself. Albeit, I may articulate or convey it in paraphrases, but these words are basically what I try to communicate to not only aspiring authors, but anyone who is aspiring to do anything in life. Writing from inspiration, however it may come to me, is one of the staples of my approach. I don't believe in forcing the issue. As much as a writer may want to get the story out there as quickly as possible, it's best to take your time, craft and write your story thoroughly, versus rushing it.

I want to thank Philandis for sharing a part of her life with us. To overcome a near tragedy, among other obstacles along the way, and continue to stand is awe-inspiring. For more on Philandis, visit her author page on Facebook in the hyperlink below.

Facebook Author Page: Philandis Stovall




No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...