Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Monday, September 11, 2017

Interview with Author Tasha Marie


EA: Creatively Creative is back to speak with another young, literary mind. Today, the spotlight shines on authoress Tasha Marie.

EA: Would you tell us a little about the road you traveled to get to where you are today?

TM: Well, for starters, it’s been a long road traveled. Lol. I’m 28 with a 3 year old daughter who is my strength and motivation every single day. A year ago if someone would have told me I’d have books on Amazon and in bookstores, I would have laughed in their face. I was homeless last year for several months and it was hard. There were days I wanted to give up but if I did that I wouldn’t be here now. I kept working hard and I prayed for better days. Look at God…I’m forever grateful.

EA: When did you realize that writing was a career you wanted to pursue?

TM: I’ve always loved writing. I remember my eighth grade English teacher used to love my essays, but would always say I’m “cheap with my words.” LOL… I would always write just enough but never too much. Slowly I started writing short poems and stories, and I even tried writing my first novel at the age of 13, but lost all the files when my desktop crashed. I gave up for a while and started reading instead. The more I read the work of other amazing authors I thought to myself, “Tasha, YOU can do this…” so I did.

EA: Are there any authors who inspired you to become a writer?

TM: Many authors have inspired me to become a writer; Omar Tyree with Flyy Girl, Keisha Ervin with Me and My Boyfriend, Wahida Clark with the Thug series, and many more. I love reading but especially I love reading urban fiction because it’s the most relatable. I would have to say my publisher, Chyna L., also inspired me to pursue writing seriously. I saw the moves she was making in the industry, reached out to her on a personal level, and the rest is history. She told me not to give up and keep pushing because I have true talent! Thank you Chyna!

EA: What is the concept of the Dreams series?

TM: Small City, Big Dreams (part 1) portrays how small the city of Boston is; everyone knows everyone, and everyone’s dealing with everyone. There’s drama, sadness, happiness, and death. It shows how some people in the inner city dream of a bigger and better life besides just staying in the hood. Loyal To My Dreams (the sequel) shows the steps people are taking to make their dreams comes true and overcoming obstacles to get to the top. Of course there’s drama, joy, disappointment and struggles along the way as well.

EA: Would you say that writing a novel is easy?

TM: For me, the first book was easier to write than the second because I didn’t outline anything for Small City, BIG Dreams. It might sound weird but everything was freehand, whereas for Loyal To My Dreams I outlined and mapped out what and where the drama and such would take place. It was challenging to create the scenarios and drama the second time around but I’m always up for a challenge and the readers LOVE this book! So in the end everything worked itself out.

EA: Are there any upcoming projects?

TM: Yes! I’m currently working on the spin-off to the Dreams series which features one couple from the series and some new characters. Also, I plan on turning the Dreams series into a web series or movie (fingers crossed) one day. I dream about it constantly so I’m going to speak it into existence!

EA: What's your advice for aspiring authors?

TM: You can do anything you put your mind to. If you want it bad enough, you’ll obtain it. Don’t feel discouraged; there will be moments where you feel your hard work isn’t paying off because trust me, I feel that way at times, but always believe in yourself and your vision. Anything is possible!

EA: Finally, tell the readers why the Dreams series is a must buy.

TM: Small City, BIG Dreams and Loyal To My Dreams are must buys without a doubt! If you’re looking for a fast yet good read that’s relatable to everyday life situations/relationships, then grab your copies today! Both are available via Amazon. Enjoy. J

Epilogue

On a side note, I've never been to Boston, but I had no idea it was considered to be a small town. From what Tasha described, it reminds me a lot of when I was in Lake Charles, LA., except Lake Charles is less popular in comparison because Boston is mentioned and featured a lot in the media.

Tasha's story is one of trails, perseverance, and triumph It is not only inspirational, but a motivational source for those who are or may be in a similar situation, or worse. I would like to thank Tasha for taking the time to speak with me today. For more on Tasha and her novels, visit her social media links below.

Facebook: Authoress Tasha Marie
Amazon: Tasha Marie








No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...