Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Interview with Author Sol


In EA: Creatively Creative's second back-to-back interview this month, the author spotlight shines on  a writer whose current novel The Plug Next Door 5 is currently ranked in the top 20 on Amazon for Urban Fiction/Romance. This afternoon, I spoke with author Sol.

EA: What was it that sparked your interest in becoming an author? Also, were there fellow authors that further ignited that spark?

SOL: I've always enjoyed writing and telling stories, especially about my own experiences. If I wasn't verbally telling someone about the events of my days, I was writing about it in my journal. One day I decided to convert my college journal into a novel and August: An H-Town Love Story was born.

EA: What is the concept of The Plug Next Door series?

SOL: It tells the story of a highly educated and strong black woman falling for a wealthy man — who unbeknownst to her — is a drug lord.

EA: Is the fifth part of this series the last one?

SOL: Part 5 was released last month. My readers are currently waiting on part 6.

EA: How do balance parenting and writing? Is it a difficult task?

SOL: My children go to school during the day and that's when I usually write but yes, at times it is difficult to balance it all. Being the wife of a cop/soldier and mother of two very active children (they're in dance and gymnastics), sometimes I don't know if I'm coming or going.

EA: Would you say that writing a novel is easy?

SOL: Writing a novel definitely isn't easy Lol. It takes a lot of time, effort, energy and creativity to tell a captivating story every time, especially when I've written over 30 books.

EA: Are there any upcoming projects we can expect from Sol?

SOL: Absolutely! The Plug Next Door will be turned into a television show. We're looking to start shooting late October of this year. Also, I'm working on a spin-off to The Plug Next Door. It's a 4 part series about Summer's college experience from her freshman year to graduation.

EA: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?

 SOL: My advice would be to write the story they want to tell as opposed to writing what the readers demand of them. While it's important to appreciate your supporters' feedback, a lot of them can be obnoxious when it comes to trying to tell an author how to write their book. If you abide by their "rules", you'll be in a box.



EA: Finally, tell the readers why The Plug Next Door series is a must buy.

SOL: I'm not a saleswoman and I don't pitch my book because I'd hate for someone to be disappointed based on me telling them The Plug Next Door is a must buy. Just read it and decide for yourself if it's a must read.

Epilogue


A TV show? Wow. There's a lot of good news that comes by EA: Creatively Creative, but this might be the best one yet! Speaking from experience, while you do appreciate the feedback from readers, it can be aggravating at times when they tell you how to write your book, or what to write-- which I find more aggravating.

I would like to thank Sol for speaking with me today. For more on Sol and her novels, you can visit her author page in the link below. A final word from Sol: Thanks for reaching out to me for this interview on your blog. I really appreciate your love and support!

Amazon Author Page: Sol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...