Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Monday, June 19, 2017

Interview with Best-Selling Author Elvira Guzman


Last week, I had the pleasure and honor of speaking with award winning author and Navy veteran DeLisa Brown. That interview quickly became my most viewed blog (so far) out of all my blogs, and I have multiple blog sites! It gained a meteoric rise overnight-- literally. I posted it a little after 4 am-- I know, 4 o'clock in the morning. What can I say? I love what I do-- and it reached 100 views in less than 24 hours, becoming my first blog to reach triple digit views. The next day, it received 100 more views!

Again, I want to thank DeLisa for taking the time to speak with me. This week, the author spotlight shines on yet another multi-talented, well-rounded individual. I had the pleasure and privilege of speaking with best-selling author, talk show host, publicist, and motivational speaker, Elvira Guzman.


EA: What is the concept of Purpose Awaken & Succeed?

EG: Once we awaken and find our purpose in life that’s when our true success comes.

EA: What inspired you to write it?

EG:  I speak at a lot of at-risk high school, juvenile halls and top universities and the common thread amongst all of them is many didn’t know their purpose in life. Not knowing what direction they should go in caused many of them anxiety, sadness, depression and some were even suicidal because they felt so hopeless. I’m very fortunate and I’ve had a lot of mentors and I’ve read a lot of books and I awakened early in life so I wanted to share what I know with others so they too can awaken and feel joy again!

EA: Describe the feeling of becoming a best selling author.

EG: It felt validating! I always knew I loved to write but I never knew if people were going to like it. The best way to describe it is, it’s like having the universe give you a big hug and says “keep going”.

EA: From what I've gathered, you come from humble beginnings. Would you tell us what life was like for you through the trying times?

EG: In life I believe we all have ups and downs. It’s up to us to learn from the downs and to be grateful for the ups. Throughout my life I’ve had obstacles but all have made me quicker, stronger and gave me more confidence. Had I not had them I know I wouldn’t be who I am today. Growing up I’ve had family issues that I could not control, I had health issues and I’ve had boyfriend issues. Looking back I’m thankful for all of it because I was able to find the lesson in each and I’m wiser     because of them.

EA: What did you do to maintain your focus for what you wanted to accomplish?

EG: I never allowed myself to stay down for too long. When an obstacle comes my way, I feel the pain, I accept it and I go on about my life. I remained focused on work and on helping others so that I didn’t have to think about some of the obstacles. Having those negative thoughts was toxic so I figured out ways to focus on good things that made me smile.

EA: Congratulations on becoming a talk show host. What is the name of the show, and could you guide us through the process of getting this done, and what was the process like?

EG: Thank you! The show is called The Elvira Guzman Show and sure! While I was on vacation in Mexico I got a call from WCOBM TV and they wanted me to do a show on their network. After a few meetings in Hollywood I decided to do an inspirational show on their network and things have been great ever since!


EA: Tell us about your firm, Elvie G. PR.

EG: I’ve owned my publicity and branding company for 12 years now. I’ve represented top celebrities, film companies, radio stations, telephone companies and we’ve event coordinated some of Hollywood’s biggest events and concerts. We’re always looking to work with people who are doing something to make this world just a little bit better.


EA: What is the purpose/goal of Elvie G. PR?

EG: To help celebrities and CEOs who are trying to change the world get their message out.

EA: What is the vision you have for your work overall?

EG: To help others achieve their dreams. To remind others that they have God inside of them and that they are powerful and whatever we focus on will manifest. To enlighten others.

EA:  Finally, tell the readers why Purpose Awaken & Succeed is a worthy buy and a good read.

EG: It will awaken you to your best life! Many have said they can’t put it down and that since reading it their life has been so much better!

Epilogue

I would like to thank Elvira for taking the time to share her thoughts with us. For giving insight on what drives her and what motivates her to drive others to awaken to their best purpose and success. For more information on Elvira and her books, go to www.elviraguzman.com. If you're interested in more information on Elvie G. PR, or being represented by Elvie G. PR, visit www.elviegpr.com








No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...