Support Me on Ko-Fi!

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Interview with Author Tina Butler


A week after my Author Q & A session with author Shawn James, this week, the author spotlight shines on author and writer Tina Butler, whom I was fortunate to conduct an interview with this week, to talk about her novel, Out of the Frying Pan, Straight into the Fire.

EA: Were there any authors or writers who inspired you growing up?

TB: None that I particularly remember as a child, but as a young adult, I was inspired by Zane, Mary B. Morrison, and other authors along those lines.

EA: What's your approach as a writer?

TB: I come up with an idea. Write/type it and expand from there.

EA: Would you say that the writing process and character creation is easy?

TB: Heck no! You have to write and think in your character, I believe, in order to make your characters come to life.

EA: What inspired you to write Out of the Frying Pan, Straight into the Fire?

TB: Friendship! The many different types...cold-hearted, nice, or back-stabbing friends.

EA: If Out of the Frying Pan, Straight into the Fire makes the transition to a movie, who would you pick to play the characters?

TB: Kerry Washington, Morris Chestnutt, and Christian Keyes as the three main characters.

EA: How much of the content is the story taking it's course (i.e. the character's words, not yours) and in contrast, you speaking through the characters?

TB: 95%. While I can't be that type of person... I go by certain situations where I always say I should've, could've, but didn't. Plus, I like to create at least one quirky character to add laughter and charm.

EA: What's your aspiration as an author overall?

TB: To write even if I don't become famous. Sure I would like to make money, but I have all these stories, characters, and ideas in my head. Some stem from when I was a child.

EA: Finally, tell readers why Out of the Frying Pan, Straight into the Fire is a must read.

TB: It's a must read because it's about something everyone can relate to. You can leave a situation thinking it's better, but it's not.

Epilogue

On a side note, a former co-worker once told me that she was so impressed with the book, that she  read it nearly in one sitting. The only thing that prevented her from reading it entirely at the time was other obligations she had to attend to.  I sincerely thank Tina Butler for taking the time to answer my questions and share some of her thoughts with us. You can check out her novel, Out of the Frying Pan, Straight into the Fire here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with Author Nicky Shearsby

Nicky Shearsby. Photo courtesy of Nicky's Amazon page . It has been a long time, but I'm glad to announce that the Literature Lounge...